- Accelerate Cloud adoption by centralizing expertise while reducing costs
- Use Architects as the lynchpin in CCoEs to challenge, initiate and support operating practices
- Vest actual power in the CCoE to make it effective and build rotation to avoid it becoming an ‘ivory tower’
- CCoE Accountability is key to ensure Cloud spend objectives are being met, beyond driving Cloud best practices
CCoEs: 'Easy' to set up, tough to SUSTAIN
Accelerate Cloud adoption strategy by centralizing expertise in CCoEs
CCoEs can orchestrate Cloud strategy effectively
- Lead in converting Board-level Cloud adoption strategy into practice and continue to refine & enforce them
- Drive collaboration among Cloud finance, Cloud operations, Cloud security, app dev and enterprise architecture
- Create a buzz – share best practices, workflows, alerts, and actions for the relevant functions!
- Bring in expertise into the CCoE from outside – but keep majority of CCoE members from inside
CCoE as the "Business first"
- Don’t miss the forest for the trees by making the CCoE all about technology, it is always about Business goals first
- Play a direct role in controlling runaway Cloud costs amidst decentralised public Cloud access inside the organisation
- No or low access to Business and IT Board is an early warning signal to resolve at the earliest
- Co-opting Business into the CCoE starts with inducting members from non-tech community in your organisation
New Tech incubation and adoption as CCoE core purpose
- Enhance use of new tech such as Containers with focused trials and proof of value experiments within the CCoE first
- Try out new Cloud use cases for new idea incubation, working with Business
- Factor in skill shortages, mismatches and rising costs of hiring without diluting this core purpose
- Avoid making the CCoE all about internal issues and internal employees – rotate people and ideas!