- Don’t be lulled into complacency with the words “Opex”, “on tap” and “elastic”! Cloud can cause massive cost creeps
- Cloud Financial Management is as important as Cloud Security. Evangelize Cloud Finance Operations
- Native vendor FinOps tools limit you to that Cloud flavour – straddle all your Cloud providers with an overarching FinOps capability
- Decentralized Cloud use does not mean uncontrolled spend. Lead with workflow planning on Cloud use
FinOps Leader, your #1 CHALLENGE is decentralized Public Cloud buying!
Lead with ideas on Cloud
Improve your Cloud budget forecasting efforts
- With over 1M Cloud SKUs out there, your Cloud financial management becomes complex. Traditional budget forecasting methods wouldn’t work!
- Lead with creating a flexible structure for Cloud cost management, budget forecasts and cross-functional coordination to cut waste
- It is tough to corral the teams to spend better, but getting engineers to take action is key to better forecasting
- Impossible as it may sound, review Cloud spend management, forecasting, and usage optimization together, not in isolation
Partner better with hyperscalers
- Negotiation readiness can make a world of difference to your cloud cost management. How exactly to prepare better?
- AWS, GCP or Azure are great hyper-scalers, but keeping options open with other Cloud Providers can open new frontiers
- Playing hard with Cloud vendors on the supply side but having poor spend controls on the demand side can undo your gains quickly
- There will indeed be different negotiation techniques for different deployment configs – ask us for our toolkit to sort through your options
Make money with FinOps.
Not just save.
- Make more revenue opportunities by enabling Sales and Customer Services build ‘net new’ business opportunities
- Assess if your clients can use your Cloud infrastructure – and then bill them for it
- Create constructive competition among your CSPs for your client-specific use cases
- Challenge Cloud spend waste to channelize these savings into client-facing incremental investments